Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Five figures: just call me Jesus

A little over 20 months ago, I started playing online poker with $10 of free money from VCpoker. Today, I moved my "net profit" over the $10,000 mark for the first time. I don't think I expected to be able to do that when I started, and it feels pretty good.

My actual bankroll is actually still down around the $8800 mark, due to taking some dividends and also the small loss on Eurolinx. My aim for the year was to achieve a $10k bankroll by the end of the year, and that is well on track even though I thought it ambitious at the time.

In my mind, I have achieved my own version of Chris 'Jesus' Ferguson's $10,000 challenge (Ferguson started from zero and ground up to $10k on FTP over the course of about 16 months). Of course the two challenges are not really comparable, since I made liberal use of bonuses and rakeback to achieve my target, while Ferguson had to do it over the table only. On the other hand, Ferguson started his challenge as a professional player while I was Joe Nobody.

To steal a good line: "I don't think this is quite what they meant when they taught me to be more like Jesus"

5 comments:

SNG Marnis said...

Well else can we say but "Well bloody done!"
That is good going from $10 to $10000.
I am still trying to get to $2k from the $350 i started with.

PHLUKKE said...

fabulous result . i am soooooo jealous . wp

The blindman said...

Thanks guys. Marnis, you've only been going 6 months, so from my POV you're doing brilliantly. It took me ages to crack $1k.

TiocfaidhArLa said...

A big thumbs up from me. My prediction is that you could easily crack $10K offline over the next 12 months at Burswood.

The blindman said...

Thanks TFAL, but unfortunately I don't get anywhere near the time on the felt that it would take to crack $10k live. Not unless I manage to score a big cash in a tourney or two.

Speaking of which, I'm planning to go down for a $270 Western Classic qualifier tomorrow. Might sneak in a bit of Limit too, if I get the chance.