Monday, May 18, 2009

First cooler in a while

I had my first tough session in some time last night. I played a EUR5/10 and 3/6 table on Eurolinx, and a 3/6 on Cake. I ended up just under $200 down, which wasn't too bad considering I was probably down closer to $400 at one stage.

It wasn't one of those bad beat after bad beat sessions, but just one where it seemed like my good hands were never paid off (AA wins the blinds) while my marginal hands were pounded, and my draws seldom came in.

I'm glad I stuck with it, as I ended up getting paid off by a 20/5 nitfish on my left on the EUR3/6 table. My pocket aces were capped preflop. Flop came king high, and I just called his threebet fearing KK a little bit. Turn was an A for top set and we capped up both the turn and river. Fish turned up AK for the most abysmally played top two in the face of my pretty obvious AA or KK. Nice result for a >130 Euro pot.

No comments: