Sunday, November 29, 2009

BR target achieved

At the risk of offending the poker Gods and triggering another 100BB downer, I am going to post about hitting targets again!!

At the beginning of 2009, with my bankroll sitting on $2k, I set a target to build the bankroll to $10k by the end of the year. I have now officially achieved that goal (as distinct from getting my total profit above $10k).

Today, my bankroll is sitting on $10200, with perhaps another $300 or so due in rakeback payments. It is interesting to note that the bankroll build has come almost entirely in three 'heater' month - April, May and November.

My reason for wanting a $10k bankroll, apart from the obvious, was to be able to play tournaments more freely (especially live). To this end, I will be celebrating hitting my target by joining a fellow Blogger in the Teams Holdem event this Friday at the APPT in Sydney. With a $1100 buyin and hopefully a field of around 100, this should be a good opportunity to test our mettle against some good players. It comes at the end of the penultimate day of the Main Event, so there should be a good atmosphere and some top class players around aiming to avenge their elimination.

After this, chances are the bankroll will dip back below the $10k mark, but this is an investment in good experience as much as anything. And once you hit the felt, anything can happen!

1 comment:

parttimebonuschaser said...

nice work mate. will be great to see how you guys go live in the bigger one