Friday, December 5, 2008

A poker gadget

I have been tinkering with Javascript, and have started working on a little gadget to aid the online poker player.

Have a look and tell me what you think.

My objective is to have a convenient way to visualise a player's hand ranges based on statistics. The idea is that if a villain raises 15% under the gun, you move the slider to 15 in order to visualise an approximation of the villain's range. I have four prioritised sliders - the left one has highest priority, so should be used for the smallest number and so on. You'll get the idea after you play with it for a bit.

The hand rankings are based on a 100k hand simulation of four random hands going to the river. I use four as a compromise between the ten handed sim and heads up. The hand rankings will always be a subjective consideration. I may modify the gadget to allow the selection of different hand rankings.

Comments?

Ultimately I want to include actual hand simulation against the villain's range. As in, you enter your hand (e.g KK) and get an estimate of heads up equity against the specified villain's range. I'm not sure if I would be able to do that in javascript though.

2 comments:

parttimebonuschaser said...

looks pretty nifty. what about suited v unsuited?

The blindman said...

Good point: the top right half of the grid is the suited hands, bottom left unsuited, diagonal is pairs..