Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Taking steps

In order to ensure that my next session doesn't turn out like the last one, I have resolved to take the following steps:

  • Play a maximum of two tables. This is aimed at analysing my play more carefully and trying to avoid small (but potentially costly) mistakes.
  • Engage in careful table selection. I don't mind sitting at an unknown table, but if it doesn't look like a good table after two rounds I will stand up.
  • Avoid playing distracted (e.g while writing a blog entry) or tired. I didn't get much sleep last night thanks to the munchkins, so maybe I will give tonight a miss.
A couple of mitigating factors on last night's downer: I probably earned a fair bit of rakeback in the time, and also I should have sewn up a $100 prize in the current rake race, as well as put myself in a good position for the Oct-Dec rake race.

For blog readers, I would thoroughly recommend joining Eurolinx via RakeTheRake (see my link on the right). The Oct-Dec rake race is significantly undersubscribed at the moment, so it should be very easy to win a $50 to $100 prize. Add to that a 14 raked hands per dollar bonus and 30% rakeback, and it's an excellent deal. Prizes in the half month races require some fairly dedicated play, but add an extra incentive if the play works out well for you.

No comments: