I am also aiming to take a shot at the 10/20 limit game at the local casino. This may seem like a big jump, but I consider the following factors: with the current exchange rate, it's really more like 6/12; it's full ring, and hence considerably less volatile than my usual 6max game; it's reputed to be a very soft game; since I'll be playing only one table, I will be risking the same sort of money as I do when sitting at three 2/4 tables online.
So my objectives for November are as follows:
- Score a decent cash in the November 23rd freerolls
- Check out Bwin- in the absence of decent kickbacks elsewhere, sign up via Pokerlistings and earn 200 points to qualify for the Aussie Millions freeroll
- Complete the Ladbrokes sign up bonus
- Find one more kickback bonus (maybe PokerRoom or Mansion)
- Make a profit through play
- Maintain my position in the Eurolinx Oct-Dec rake race
- Try and get a reload bonus on Pacific or Eurolinx
- Take a shot at the live 10/20 game. Don't play with scared money, and don't play like a muppet.
- Make a profit from play (perhaps the number one objective)
Edit: In this post and the last, I have somewhat glossed over the fact that I am now comfortable playing 2/4, and pretty confident that I am a winning player at that level. I think this is a pretty significant achievement. To that end, I am also aiming in November to continue playing well at 2/4 and to become equally comfortable at 3/6.